11.15.2010

Beginning a New Chapter,

Saturday was sadly my last day at the Hair Design Centre. I have now successfully completed the study in Make Up Artistry, and have this kick a$$ diploma to show for it! 
Right now I have to show you this creation i made in class, the lovely Rebecca Graham let me try out this look on her, the reason why i asked Rebecca was because i could already picture the cartoon version of her... 


odd yes, but she is such a cute, karasmatic, hello kitty lovin lady, it just fit.   
& yes i am super happy with the outcome :)

sorry for the camera fuzz once again.

I used alot of sparkle, you cant really see if from the picture but because Rebecca is so awesome she wore it walking all over downtown halifax with me and we both got a kick out of everyones reactions.

Karen King Holmans @ Wolrd Tea House commented on my photo saying "Ah! it was you waving at me as you went by the tea house! It threw me off, its crazy awesome!"

BUT Best reaction was a group of little boys running done Sackville St. making all kinds of noise, one out of the 7 or 8 boys freezes in place, stares right into Rebecca's eyes for a good minute, doesn't say a word, then is pushed away by his dad and he runs away down the street.
I wonder what he was thinking...?

I love to get a reaction from my work, and it made me happy to see soo many shocked and confused faces, thanks again Rebecca for being such a good sport, i know she enjoyed it just as much as i did :)

I am going to miss all my friends that i have made from school, you have all so talented and have tought me so much! I know we will all keep in touch :) I am going to miss my teacher Donna Bramley the most. She is THE inspiration to my aspirations. She has tought me many lessons and I will never forget them. I am stronger, more confident, in myself and my work, I owe alot of this to my teacher Donna.

Best part about the day was after a long, anticipated wait the class received our photos from the class photoshoot with Sue Siri. Sue was professional, helpful and a treat to work with, she enjoyed the picture so much she has put Lisa up on her blog and Facebook page. Lisa O'Quinn was my lovely model,  allowing me to transform her from a 50's Pin up to...well...my take on a Glam Rockstar. I chose to only use one model because i wanted to drastically change her appearance, tricking your eye into thinking its 2 different ladies. I'm super happy with the outcome and i hope you enjoy,



Stumble onto these websites,

Stop in and visit Karen @ the World Tea House on Argyle Street.
www.worldteahouse.com

Sue Siri Photography
www.suesiri.com
www.suesiri.blogspot.com/

Another talented lady in my class Sara Bella has started up her own makeup website, you should check her out she's another very talented lady.
www.sarabellamakeup.webs.com


2 comments:

  1. CONGRADULATIONS ON FINISHING SCHOOL ELLE
    and the cartoon makeup was really awesome
    i loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blushes* it was amazing you are extremely talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete